Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Newest American Citizen


Today was a Great Day! You are looking at the newest American Citizen! This morning Giovanni and I had an appointment at the US Consulate here in Milan to report Charlotte's birth abroad, apply for Social Security Card as well as a US passport! All went well and we should have her passport here in about 2 weeks!!! (camera's were not allowed in the consulate, so we took pictures at home) We are planning a trip back to Utah the first part of April!! Hope you are all looking forward to meeting Charlotte- she is sure ready to show you her smile!
The photos above are the proof of the 9euro I spent trying to get a good picture for her passport and Italian ID card- not an easy task. We went to the local grocery store that has a machine, the first one is the last one we took (Gio came with me to make things MUCH easier) the other two believe it or not were the BEST of 6 pictures- but that is because I had to put in the money, hold her up and dodge the camera while pushing the button with my elbow- what an exercise! I think I will soon be able to add contortionist to my repertoire of things I can do! Seriously, when one becomes a MOM you learn to do so many things One handed- or learn to use other body parts to help out! I am happy Gio helped- you can see the difference- this is good team work!





6 comments:

Andrea said...

Congratulations little Charlotte!!! How exciting! I love you!
Rachel and Giovanni, your baby is SO cute! I love the american flag outfits! VERY cute!

JR and Kristi Royce said...

That first passport picture is SUCH a Giovanni face! I can't wait for this little Italian-American to come so I can hold her!!!!

Brian, Janelle and Lauren said...

That's awesome! I can't wait to meet her.

Teresa said...

Yea!! Too bad its not that easy for Gio to get dual citizenship. We cant wait until you come!! BTW- We saw an interview with Beckham yesterday that he is moving to Milan to play soccer but his family is staying in the USA. Hmmm- something to think about.

Amy E. said...

I love her patriotic outfit. And can't wait to meet her in April!

Joe and Richelle said...

She is getting so big!!! I'm excited that you are coming...when exactly are you? Mikayla & I are going to Boston April 13-19th, and then we're off to California right after that! Crossing our fingers that we get to see you guys!!!