Thursday, October 9, 2008

Paper Mache Pumpkins




Italy is not a country that celebrates Halloween and I LOVE this holiday! It makes me a little sad not to be able to celebrate it the way I would in the states, but to make the most of it this year instead of trying to "hunt" out a pumpkin we could carve (every year it is a difficult task) I decided to use a Martha Stewart idea! We made paper mache pumpkins and "carved" them out! It takes a few days longer because of the drying process ect... I am very happy with how they turned out and since I had balloons here at the house and made the wheat paste my only cost was the tissue paper (not much at all). To light the inside you put a glass bottle with a candle inside, with out the glass bottle you would have a FIRE hazard on your hands! What do you think?

6 comments:

E-ca said...

Halloween is the best holiday! And not just because it is my birthday. I love your pumpkins!!! They look so fun! I have had fun with the holiday so far. I even did a history of halloween lesson in one of my classes it was so much fun!

p.s. you've been tagged! see my blog to find out what to do!

Villarreal's said...

They look GREAT! Such a smart idea! Be creative when ya cant have the real thing! :)

Ben said...

thats way cool!! AND no crazy inside-the-pumpkin-guts mess. i miss u guys! thats soo cool to see gio with so many people im used to seeing on the news. im still thinkin u just photoshopped him into the pics!! haha jk give him a big hug from his favorite picuotto!

Anonymous said...

You can always make the best out of everything!! That is something I have really tried to learn from your family. You all find some crazy, creative way to make everything work! I LOVE them!! You guys look like you had a lot of fun! Where are the new belly pictures??

Kristi said...

Those are darling! How is the little pumpkin?

w. leavitt said...

way to follow your heart! (thanks MS for all your great ideas!)