Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy

Since the start of the year my blogging has been mostly pictures and very few words. Today I would like to share just a bit from the inside:
There are many thoughts in my head and some spoken aloud to Lottie during the day and at night with Gio. Occasionally on the phone with a friend or written in a letter, but most of the time I am alone with my thoughts. Lately I can't help but to think about the many blessings of simple everyday life.
There are many around me (near and far) dealing with loss, sorrow, and health issues so many little stumbling blocks in the way of "happiness". Life is not always easy, if it were would we really feel satisfaction and joy with out the struggle? I think NOT.

This is not to say that it is good to always have terrible things happen- but when they don't are we HAPPY? are we THANKFUL for what we do have?
I for one I am happy for my Health- I feel good. My family is healthy and this makes me HAPPY! I am Loved and I Love others too- this makes me HAPPY and GRATEFUL! My Basic needs are filled, as well as many of my WANTS- this makes me GRATEFUL! There is beauty around for me to enjoy! JOY!
Don't know if it is the newness of LIFE in the air that Spring brings- but I know that I need to acknowledge the goodness that makes me smile!

2 comments:

melange muse said...

thanks for this. it made me think. I am so thankful and grateful for things that I have and for YOU as a friend.

Natalie said...

I love you Rachie!!!